The Senatorial ambition of former Minister Niger Delta Affairs and APC candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Monday, received a major boost, with his endorsement as the sole candidate of Essien Udim indigenes, Leaders, Stakeholders and leaders of other political parties for the senatorial seat.
Akpabio’s endorsement, which cuts across political divides had chieftains, leaders and stakeholders of the PDP, LP, NNPC, APC and YPP from Essien Udim Local Government Area in attendance at the endorsement meeting.
The meeting which was hosted by Abom E.P Umana, in his Ukana country home, noted that their decision to adopt Senator Akpabio as their sole candidate was based on the conviction of the leaders in the local government across party lines that “Akpabio remains the best option among those angling for the same position in the senatorial district, adding, we have resolved today, 20th February to collapse our party structures into one “uncommon political platform” under the cliché – “UTOM IDUNG” for the single purpose of returning Senator Akpabio to the Red Chamber of Nigeria’s National Assembly.”
The Communique issued and signed by all in attendance reads:
At a joint-meeting of significant stakeholders and the leadership of all political parties in Essien Udim Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State with the All Progressive Congress’ (APC) candidate for Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio, CON at the country home of Abom E. E. P. Umanah in Ukana on Monday, February 20, 2023, it was unanimously resolved as follows:
(1) That for the purpose of the February 25, 2023 National Assembly Election for Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, all the political parties in Essien Udim comprising the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Labour Party (LP), the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), the New Nigeria Peoples’ Party (NNPP), and the Young Progressives’ Party (YPP), have collapsed their party structures into one “uncommon political platform” under the Cliché – “UTOM IDUNG” for the single purpose of returning Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio to the Red Chamber of Nigeria’s National Assembly
(2) That without prejudice to any, Senator Godswill Akpabio has been adopted as the sole candidate of all the political parties in Essien Udim, in the February 25th National Assembly election for the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District;
(3) That this decision is founded on the conviction of the party stakeholders that among all the candidates seeking to represent the people of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District at the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly, Senator Akpabio is the most qualified having proven his mettle in all the positions he has occupied in the past, culminating in his sterling performance as the immediate past Minister of the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, including the completion of the NDDC Headquarters in Port Harcourt, Forensic Audit of the operations of the Commission for greater benefits to the people and initiation, completion of people-oriented projects in the Niger Delta Region.
(4) That cognisance is also given to the incontestable conclusion that it was during the two-term Governorship tenure of Senator Godswill Akpabio that the greatest development milestones were recorded, not just in Essien Udim, but also in all the other 9 local government areas of the senatorial district and Akwa Ibom State at large, under the ‘Uncommon Transformation Mantra.’
(5) That on Saturday, 25th February, 2023, every son and daughter of Essien Udim should, without any form of bias or primordial consideration, toe the line of the stakeholders in this unconditional avowal and cast his/her vote for the celebrated ano mkpo inam son of Annang Land, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio.
(6) That the stakeholders’ forum craves the support of all the other local government areas within Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District in this God given opportunity to secure the best form of representation at the National Assembly.
Long live Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio!
Long live Essien Udim Stakeholder’s Forum!
Long live Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District!